Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Chapter 1

Having travelled up to dublin by train early on tuesday i stayed the night with Dave.And so it began, our epic adventure To Cape Town, with a 10:30 taxi to dublin airport to catch our 13.25 plane to london heathrow. We breezed through check in and security and without even the notion of any hassle we found ourselves rolling down the runway and out of dublin. Twenty six hours, a seven hour wait in heathrow, three flights, two delays and one missed flight later we're stuck in Johannesburg airport with no flights to Cape Town until 8:00 the next morning. The original enthusiasm and "boys on tour" excitement is starting to wane. Bone weary after 26 hours on the move and perhaps one or two hours of cramped uncomfortable shallow sleep, we're told that we'll be put up in a hotel, fully paid for by Emirates Airline, our sponsors, and at this moment in time saviours. The rest of the night plays out to the roar of planes taking off and landing in the airport, the runway and hangers clearly visible from our room. Nearly everyone, it seems, is just passing through.
Up at six the next morning to catch our flight to Cape Town and an opportunity to buy the new Harry Potter book which was released at midnight, just a little bit of light reading for the two hour flight.

2 comments:

Julia said...

This is great.Much looking forward to each installment.Take care and work hard. Julia (another mum!)

Damian said...

Hi all my name is Damian I am one of the Mylife Pioneers.
I am so happy to that the Mylife 5 is with us.
The best thing about it is that they are young youth that want to see change in the world and that they believe in our Project.

I lived on the streets of Cape Town for twelve years of my life never had any one who cared or really loved me, But my whole life turned around when the Mylife Project gave me a reason to look forward to living, when they gave me hope, when they awaken my passion.
Today I am happy, I am Married to a wonderful woman who I love with my heart and soul.
Sometimes I feel that I dont have the words to thank the Mylife Project but I love the people who make Mylife work because this is people that put they own life's on hold to see that our kids dont land up on the streets, To see that little kids dont have to look after a whole family with out support, and who cares for the care givers.

Thank you Mylife for a second chance in life for showing me that I have a perpose in life and that I have the power to save someones life thank you.

I love you all, Linzi, Phill, Chris, Jane, and all who support Mylife thank and lots of Love.
Damian